Travel to Menorca just before high season to take advantage of these beautiful sights with little or not other tourist competing for your space on the beach. The calm of being one of very few visitors and spending less make the vacation all the more worthwhile.
Keep in mind that many business may be doing their renovations before the holiday season is in full gear, so you might not get to go to the best restaurants and bars. But, after all, the best things to see on Menorca are the beaches!
The many beaches of Menorca
There are so many magnificent beaches on this island that it’s hard to select just one. I highly recommend going to at least 2 beaches a day. Each one has its own experience. Some of the best are found in little coves along the coast line. The natural beauty was undisturbed by traffic as all of the beached we a kilometer or more of a walk from the roads. This makes finding them interesting and enjoying them extremely serene.
This post is all about the photos, so I’ll leave you to it! Scroll to the bottom for some quick links for planning your trip!
How to plan your trip to Menorca
In Spain, it is always best to go with local companies when planning your trip to get the best deals. Some times the price differences will be quite significant.
Here are some easy bullets to help you plan your trip:
- Check low-cost spanish airline Vueling for each flights from all major Spanish cities.
- Plan your visit for April or May to avoid the high season that starts in June.
- Check Airbnb, Homes to Go, or Booking for great holiday apartments. Because the island is small you can stay anywhere
- Book a rental car, you will absolutely need it to get around. Check EuropCar or PepeCar – local companies that have better deals, or even find a deal with an aggregator like Atrapalo.
- Check TripAdvisor for the best restaurants in town, but have alternative in case they are closed for vacations.
- Buy menorquinas the local sandals famously coming from Menorca as the name indicates
- Try mahón, a wonderful soft cheese native to the island
- Check this link for the best local information on Menorca
Traveling to Spain soon? Check out these other great posts:
…Or leave a comment below and I can provide some great recommendations!