One thing about kids is they really keep you honest. Everytime we have my boyfriend’s son with us and do the weekly shopping he reminds us of our no plastic journey. It we step out of line for one second the questions come.
It’s nice to see that he is learning and we can inspire in him good practices. As we’re still organizing his room and making the apartment more kid friendly and at the same time low waste / zero plastic, I decide to dedicate this post to the kids!
Zero waste shopping at H&M
When shopping for kids my obviously choice was to check out H&M. They have things that are relatively inexpensive and durable, despite being mass producers.
They also started a line of home products called Conscious that use organic fabrics. It’s a nice step in the right direction.
H&M Home Kids
- I absolutely love this Crocodile Lunch Bag. It’s insulated and quite adorable. The child inside of my wants it for myself! (It’s also available as a pineapple!)
- This Stoneware Froggie is perfect storing little knick knacks and coins. This little one is into collecting Legos and rocks, etc. It’s a nice place for him to stay organized.
- I’m a firm believer that kids don’t need to use plastic plates and are perfectly capable of not breaking things when given the chance. I love this Ceramic Frog Plate. It make dinner time fun and it’s durable.
- And that plate pairs really nicely with this World Map Cork Placemat. I absolutely love the educational placemats we had as kids (thanks mom!). Being able to share that love with him in a plastic free solution is even better!
H&M Conscious & Home
- I love these Ceylon Black Tea Pillow Cover and Striped Pillow Cover in the conscious collection.
- This Zebra Apron also caught my eye and I wanted to share it. I’ll keep it in mind for the future. My Anthropologie apron is still going strong after almost 10 years.
- Looking to a shopping bag? This Yute Beach Bag is an excellent solution. And you can also use it picnics on the beach.
- H&M even makes entertaining for the summer plastic free easy. I can’t wait to try this Beverage Dispenser. It’s extremely elegant in glass, metal, and wood.
Those are my recommendations for the week. Have you seen anything lately that you love that helps you live plastic free or low waste?